What is a Transition Collingwood Project?
There are three primary criteria for an initiative to be considered a Transition Collingwood Project:
- The project is aligned with Transition principles
- Primary beneficiary is our surrounding community
The project is visioned, coordinated, and managed transparently
Current Transition Collingwood projects can be viewed from the Projects menu drop-down.
Let us know your project ideas! Project ideas take flight
once enough momentum is established to make this project a reality. Projects vary depending on the
needs & intentions of a given community and are limited only by your passion.
Other community-scale initiatives underway in other Transition communities include:
- local food production
- skill sharing & education
- community currency & bartering
- sustainable energy
- clean transportation
- energy descent and emergency preparedness planning
- shaping municipal policy
- business waste
- repurposing of materials
- and much more!